For our office in Leiden, the Netherlands, we are seeking a creative Web Designer for web application user interface development.
The position will be responsible for designing key user interface components and layouts for library management solutions.
You’ll be part of an international cross-location team, so the job will have some international travel from time to time.
Discover. Innovative. Collaborate. Inform. A few words we use to describe a career at OCLC.
OCLC, a worldwide library services organization headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, is a leader in information technologies and innovative online services. With office locations around the globe, OCLC employees are dedicated to offering premier services and software to help libraries cut costs while keeping pace with the demands of our information-driven society.
• Design innovative and user-friendly web interface layouts.
• Review UX supplied wireframes and provide web ‘developers’ with markup and CSS for correct implementation.
• Contribute to common user interface guidelines used by global teams.
• Participate in extensive UI reviews and plans.
• 3+ years of experience in front-end development, developing dynamic, highly interactive user interfaces for web applications (HTML5 and CSS).
• Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills with a focus on outcomes.
• Strong design documentation skills.
• Strong skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc).
• Experience with cross-platform, cross-browser strategies, responsive design and progressive enhancement.
• A portfolio showing a firm grasp of design skills such as typography, colour theory and lay out, demonstrated in properly-coded HTML/CSS.
• A degree in a design related field or a proven track record.
• ‘The right to live and work in the Netherlands’.
We offer you:
• A secure job in an innovative and international environment
• Responsible and varied tasks in a friendly, motivated team
• Space for independent action and a good working environment
• Attractive benefits, flexible working hours and numerous development opportunities
If you are interested in this position, please send us your English application letter and resume through the ‘link’ below:
Or contact Marloes Thierry for more information at email@example.com.
Agency calls not appreciated