Want to join a team with a mission to improve and save lives?
We continually look for motivated and skilled individuals who are interested in supporting our customers – healthcare professionals who use our products to help patients and their communities.
We currently have the following opportunity available – please contact us for more details!
Elekta is a human care company pioneering significant innovations and clinical solutions for treating cancer and brain disorders. The company develops sophisticated, state-of-the-art tools and treatment planning systems for radiation therapy, radiosurgery and brachytherapy, as well as workflow enhancing software systems across the spectrum of cancer care. Stretching the boundaries of science and technology, providing intelligent and resource-efficient solutions that offer confidence to both healthcare providers and patients, Elekta aims to improve, prolong and even save patient lives. Today, Elekta solutions in oncology and neurosurgery are used in over 6,000 hospitals worldwide. Elekta employs around 3,400 employees globally.
Elekta, world’s leading developer of state-of-the art medical tools and treatment planning systems is seeking a Network Engineer who has exceptional technical expertise and customer service skills, to take initiative and should be capable of working in a demanding, fast-paced environment. As a senior member of our IT Infrastructure team, the Network Engineer is expected to independently install, deploy and upgrade network equipment; design and implement network optimization projects; support business teams on joint-initiatives as a technical advisor or resource. The Network Engineer will also be expected to participate in Network and Security planning, implementation and support. The Network Engineer will assist Helpdesk support activities and share 24/7 on-call responsibilities as required.
This role can be based in Veenendaal or Crawley
The Selected Candidate Will:
- Participate in major network initiatives, detailed network designs and deployments as well as coordinating technical issues with clients, vendors, and internal teams.
- Design, installation, maintenance and monitoring of network systems including switches, routers, firewalls, intrusion detection systems and switch and firewall-based policies.
- Responsible for expert-level troubleshooting of any problems relating to global networking issues.
- Adhere to IT access-management incident response and change control procedures (ITIL).
- Develop IT infrastructure project plan, technical specifications, design documents, roll-out and test plans.
- Contribute to IT policies and process development using industry best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years IT experience with on-going skills development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- Vendor management; communicating with vendors globally.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills. Ability to rapidly identify and resolve issues under pressure
- Self-motivated, results-driven, and well organized
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with a clear sense of ownership and priority
- Strategic minded, and strive for constant operational improvements in a changing global environment
- CCNP certification preferred
- Strong experience with networking and routing protocols such as, BGP, OSPF, VRRP, VxLAN, HSRP, Vlan, EtherChannel’s, FCoE, fiber channel, PoE, wireless protocols.
- Experience in (SD)WAN/LAN networking including routing, switching, security, load balancing (Citrix)
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Datacenter environment
- Recent knowledge of Cisco network equipment required, NAC, Cisco ISE, BYoD, Wireless controllers, Cisco Prime, UCS, Nexus 5K switches, Catalyst series, div Router series.
- Experience in or worked with Unified architecture. Conceptual and hands-on.
- Knowledge of network security, hardening network equipment and vulnerability scans.
- Proven experience on remote access technologies (VPN like technologies), including use with mobile devices, VPN clients, IPSEC, AnyConnect client, Site to Site Tunnels
- Proven knowledge of Checkpoint firewalls, Cisco ASA and Paulo Alto.
- Knowledge of VoIP, SD-WAN and QoS
- Knowledge of Citrix load balancers.
- Knowledge of VoIP, QoS and multicasting.
- Knowledge of network monitoring tools. I.e. Solarwinds and Lan Guardian
- Knowledge of web proxy’s preference on Forcepoint (Websense)
- Worked with a SIEM solution, preferred LogRhythm
Elekta is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Please respond via this link.
No recruitment agencies please.