IT Project Manager
IT Project Manager
Breda, The Netherlands (15441)
Biomet is one of the global leaders in the orthopedics market. Biomet manufactures, markets and distributes high quality and high-tech orthopedic products such as knees and hips, biomaterials, bone cements and surgical instruments.
Biomet operates in more than 90 countries worldwide and has 11 manufacturing sites. With more than 7,500 team members, Biomet generates over $3 billion annual sales.
Biomet headquarters are located in Warsaw, Indiana, USA. The EMEA headquarters resides in Dordrecht, and the Global Supply Chain Centre (GSCC) in Hazeldonk, The Netherlands.
Biomet looks to the future with a focus on continued innovation and growth, while staying true to its founding principles established over 30 years ago. From the very beginning, Biomet has been guided by the core belief that the surgeon-patient connection is critically important. With an unmatched reputation for innovation, responsiveness and clinical success, Biomet is a fast-growing private equity-owned company.
The IT Project manager is responsible for the IT tasks associated with the lifecycle of project from initiation, planning, executing, controlling and closure.
This includes identifying and managing IT resources and coordinating the efforts of other involved or affected team members, IT business analysts and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver on tasks aligned to the business objectives.
The IT Project manager will participate in defining the project’s objectives and oversee IT related quality control throughout the project’s life cycle. The IT Project manager reports to the Director of Global Information Services for Supply Chain and Manufacturing.
The objective of the IT Project manager is to successfully deliver projects according to the agreed time, budget and scope constraints and in line with Biomet’s company objectives, relevant best practices and applicable regulations.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Design and apply an appropriate project management framework for the IT project;
• Manage the production of the required IT deliverables;
• Plan and monitoring the IT project;
• Liaise with Business Team Lead and PMO to assure the overall direction and integrity of the project;
• Prepare and maintaining the IT Project Plan (or Project Execution Plan), Stage and Exception Plans as required;
• Manage IT project risks, including the development of remediation plans;
• Manage progress and use of IT resources, initiating corrective action where necessary;
• Report to Business Team Lead on IT project progress through Highlight Reports and stage assessments;
• Estimate and plan projects tasks from start to finish, with built in contingencies;
• Draft and submit budget proposals for IT related activities, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary;
• Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools and track project milestones and deliverables;
• Oversee Information Systems projects being delivered within the cost, schedule and performance objectives in an SAP environment;
• Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders and effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion;
• Manage, monitor and motivate the cross functional team assigned to the project;
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work;
• Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project;
• Work with the project location’s management, HQ, EMEA IT, and Supply Chain & Manufacturing to define the project deliverables, resource requirements and project plan, and manage their development;
• Ensure projects meet BIOMET quality standards including change control and perform all responsibilities within the guidelines of enterprise policies and directives at or above the company’s performance and evaluation standards;
• Ensure compliance with Governmental, Corporate, SBU and departmental regulations, policies, standards, and procedures within the process area;
• Oversee all activities associated with mandated compliance requirements (in alignment with demand/supply teams) including Sarbanes-Oxley, GxP, etc. and identify potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion, in close cooperation with the Corporate Governance and key business process owners;
• Administer, maintain and archive all project information, documentation and deliverables on the designated locations and systems;
• Maintain a close relationship with the client (in alignment with the Internal IT Supply & Demand organization), provide guidance and assess requirements for additional services.
Profile of suitable candidate:
• Minimum BSc degree or equivalent in Information Systems, Information Technologies or a related business discipline;
• PMP, Prince2 or equivalent certification in project management;
• Minimum 10 years information system-related experience in business environments, preferably IT consulting background or having been key user within an international environment;
• Excellent knowledge of business Supply Chain & Manufacturing processes;
• Good knowledge of SAP ERP and SCM;
• Feasibility studies and/or impact analysis; business analysis & process mapping;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills for interfacing with users and other stakeholders;
• Fluent spoken and written English and preferably other European languages;
• SAP implementation projects and (IT) project methodologies;
• Software validation in regulated industries such as the medical device industry;
• Willing to international travel 50% to Biomet locations
Biomet offers you a challenging position with good career prospects in a fast growing international business. We offer a competitive remuneration package.
How to Apply
If you are interested and you meet all the above requirements send your resume with a motivation letter via the link to: Guy Laeven, Recruitment Manager EMEA.
For more information about Biomet: www.biomet.com or call Guy Laeven: +31 78 – 629 29 19.
Agency calls not appreciated.
Keywords: Projectmanagement, IT Coordinator, Information Technology, IT leadership, Business analysis.