What are you going to do?
Enza Zaden is on a mission to become more data driven and we need you! As our Manager Smart Data Platform you will be responsible for the development and operations of our global data platform. This platform offers central ingestion, storage and consumption of valuable business and research data and therefore plays a crucial role in realizing our data and analytics ambitions.
The team you will manage consists of a mix of around 15 internal and external people. Amongst your team members are data and platform engineers, analytics engineers, and Power BI specialists. You will work closely together with our architects and IT professionals who support you in making important technological choices. Your team reports to our Global Manager Data Insights & Data Innovations with whom you are on the mission to make Enza Zaden the most data savvy and data driven Breeding company in the world.
We have already laid the foundation by launching 10+ interactive reports, based on 15+ sources, used by 200+ users daily on our Azure cloud data platform. We are also supporting several data science initiatives that bring major innovation to our research team and business functions. That said, we still have a long way ahead of us to get to maximum business value and impact. Because of the strategic importance we chose to insource the platform and strongly improve and expand our inhouse capabilities. You will have a leading role in this transition. We are expanding your team with a Senior Platform Engineer, Data Engineer, Senior Power BI lead and Reporting specialist. Next to this we are building Data, Analytics & Reporting teams in every business department who will all rely on you and your team to develop and maintain a top-notch data platform delivering trustworthy data. Enza Zaden will also hire a Global Data Governance lead who will lead the Data Governance transformation. Last but not least, we are also expanding our inhouse capabilities into the field of data science (4FTE) where you and your team are key enablers to their success.
The Enza Zaden culture is one that encourages professional competencies. We have a flat organisational structure with short communication lines. Ideas are valued, and great ideas stand to win an Innovation Award. We work in multi-disciplinary project teams and like to learn from each other.
We are looking for a Manager Smart Data Platform who has experience with managing data infrastructure teams. You like to make impact with your team by combining strategy, stakeholder perspectives and technology to meet objectives and needs of our data consumers. You enjoy translating requirements from the business into concrete data solutions which you manage via a roadmap and backlog for agile product development. Bottom line: you enjoy delivering best-in-class data solutions and advanced data products to continuously improve your data consumers’ experience.
To meet the job requirements, you;
- Have a minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience within the data domain. You know what it takes to build data pipelines, to distribute interactive dashboards and you know how a self-learning data science application works. You have experience with building high-quality data solutions.
- Have multiple years of experience as a project lead, team lead and/or product owner. You have managed complex (change) programs with many stakeholders before. You have build and led high performing teams in the past, preferably within the data domain. Experience in a corporate setting is a plus.
- Possess strong communication, process-oriented and connecting skills. You can translate the wishes of the business into data (-science) applications and vice versa.
- Are results-oriented and have the organisational sensitivity to be able to serve stakeholders appropriately.
- Have a strong vision on scrum teams and the agile software development methodology.
- Have an excellent command of the Dutch and English language.
- Are currently living in the Netherlands. Working from home is possible, but we expect you to work at the Enza Zaden office in Enkhuizen for at least two days per week.
Who are we?
Enza Zaden is an independent family business with more than 2500 colleagues. Sounds special? It is! As a biotech breeding company innovation is key and our focus on innovation and development has made us big. This also applies to our people! We are growing fast and there is plenty of room for you to grow with us but we always stay focused on personal contact.
How do we convince you to join us? We offer:
- A purposeful position for the real data fanatic that want to make real impact. You will contribute to our vision of granting people anywhere in the world access to healthy, varied vegetables.
- A challenging and motivated data-driven organization, where every stakeholder recognizes the great importance of data.
- Room for new initiatives and ideas. Our opportunistic and pragmatic culture provides always open doors for your ideas!
- Pleasant colleagues, fun activities and an ambitious and informal culture.
- A market conform salary depending on your experience.
- 26 vacation days with the possibility to buy additional ones;
- A laptop and phone;
- Flexible working, where you are partly in the office to work with colleagues or can do focus work at home;
Enza Zaden is a vegetable breeding company that develops vegetable varieties. And produces and sells its seeds all over the world. We have made an animation to explain to you properly (and as briefly as possible) what we do.
The purpose of our work? To offer everyone worldwide access to healthy and varied vegetables. With more than 2500 passionate colleagues all over the world, we work together every day on the vegetables of tomorrow.
Do you want to contribute to our journey towards becoming a leading data-driven vegetable breeding company?
Then apply directly using the below Apply now! button.
Would you like to know more before you apply? Feel free to reach out first:
Sr corporate recruiter
00316 2136 8907