About this role
EMA is looking to recruit a Head of Service in the Strategic Platforms Department who will establish and mature Case and Data Management capabilities. In practice, you will have Line Management responsibilities, leading a team of around 15 experts (Platform Leads, Business Analysts, Architects & Delivery Leads) and managing multimillion Euro supplier contracts for the agile delivery of value adding capabilities.
The main programs and scope of your service are
• IRIS, the azure cloud native platform which facilitates the exchange of regulatory and scientific information between EMA and organisations developing medicinal research products for potential use in the European Union.
• SPOR, EMA’s core data platform for delivering quality data management services for substances, products, organisations and referentials (SPOR) to power EU regulatory activities.
You will be partnering very closely with our peers in Information Management division, Customer Advocacy and Core Services as well as CIO office. Across the EMA organization, you will be collaborating with our procurement colleagues for the definition and establishment of supplier contracts, as well as the suppliers for the effective delivery of their services. Following and maturing the establishment of the SAFe methodology, you will be partnering with each value stream manager to appropriately organize and lead your resources, ensure the continuous delivery of valuable and high quality software for each of the dependent value streams.
Your work will be a major contributor to the digital transformation of the EMA organization, overlooking the implementation of our cloud strategy and platform modernization initiative.
Apply if you meet those eligibility criteria:
1. Full rights as a citizen of a European Union Member State, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway;
2. Thorough knowledge of English (at least level C1) and a satisfactory knowledge of another official language of the European Union (at least level B2);
3. Fulfilled any obligations imposed by applicable laws concerning military service.
1. University degree (minimum of four years) that must have been obtained by the closing date of this vacancy notice, and at least 9 years of professional experience from the time when a university degree was awarded, in the domain relevant to the Head of Service in Case Management and Data Integration role and in managing teams.
university degree of three years that must have been obtained by the closing date of this vacancy notice, and at least 10 years of professional experience from the time when a university degree was awarded, in the domain relevant to Head of Service in Case Management and Data Integration role and in managing teams.
For general condition 1 and for specific conditions 1 and 2, you will be required to provide proof in the application form and at the interview stage. Failing to present these documents may result in the disqualification from the selection procedure.
Read more on our website.