IT Hosting is the new IT infrastructure department responsible for all hosting services. The department is split in two areas:
1. “Run” is responsible for the delivery of all technical platforms used by the various BU’s according Service Level Agreement. Each incident has to be solved within agreed resolution times. The department is responsible for both infrastructure management and technical application management (“platform as a service”).
2. “Change” is responsible for all upgrades and updates (Life Cycle Management) and by the BU requested changes in the IT services. These updates and changes have to be done according plan and in a predictable manner. Employees of the Change team also participate in projects if needed.
In this department x86 change there is one vacancy for a Linux Engineer (Automation specialist Puppet modules).
Your main responsibilities
As Linux Engineer (Automation specialist), you plan and design the installation methods, configurations and tuning of complex Red Hat Enterprise Linux (5.x and 6.x) 800+ server environment. Your additional responsibilities include:
• Maintaining partnerships and leveraging market technologies associated with Linux/Unix vendors, product enhancements and product roadmap.
• Developing, implementing and overseeing policies and procedures to ensure consistent provisioning of complex Red Hat Enterprise Linux (5.x and 6.x) 800+ server environment, uptime, regulatory compliance and data protection.
• Linux security improvement, solve audit findings and compliancy. Defines best practices in the critical evaluation and selection and / or development of the software components and hardware requirements of the applications and data, and the development of the application, including evaluation and selection of development methods, development processes, best practices and tools.
• Architectural advisory and Linux integrator consultant with Scripting/Programming skills in Python, Bash and Ruby.
The IT Hosting X86 change department is a relatively small engineering team, supporting a large group of clients and applications. This requires that every team member, including yourself as Linux Engineer, demonstrates a pragmatic, hands-on attitude, focused on solving problems and supporting our customer. Working as part of the team is a strong part of our culture.You will be involved in numerous developments, therefore it is crucial that you are is a strong team player.
Your experience and skills
• > 2 years of relevant experience.
• Approx. 2 (or more) years of relevant experience in enterprise business, technology and solutions.
• Broad and solid experience across technology domains:
-Web, Portals, Collaboration and Unified Communications.
-Application and Information integration.
-Information management (operational and analytical).
• Broad and solid knowledge on technology trends and patterns:
-Administration of a complex Red Hat Enterprise Linux (5.x and 6.x) 800+ server environment. Physical and virtual (vmware). -Implementation and design Red Hat Network Satellite and Puppet Enterprise.
-Maintenance, design and administration of High-Availability Veritas clustering services for Linux.
-Automated server provisioning (vmware,kickstart and pxe(cobbler)).
-Scripting/Programming in Python, Bash and Ruby.
-Write/Test/Deploy custom Puppet modules and use git.
-Linux security improvement, solve audit findings and compliancy.
-Architectural advisory and Linux integrator consultant.
-Continuous Integration, Agile and DevOps.
• Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHEL 6).
• Oracle Database 11g: Administration I.
• Architecting on Amazon AWS.
• Puppet Enterprise Advanced.
• Veritas Cluster Server 6.x for Linux.
• Veritas Storage Foundation 6.x for Linux CCNA (ICND1/ICND2.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Good team player.
• Pragmatic, hands-on attitude.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to influence business and IT decision makers.
• Ability to address and manage the competing interests of the diverse stakeholders of the architecture (business, project management, infrastructure management, security & risk, etc.) and steer them towards the right architecture direction.
What we offer
As an IT Specialist, you will work in a transparent, result oriented and fast moving environment. Nationale-Nederlanden always scores very high on employee satisfaction due to the fact that we offer excellent working conditions and the creation of an open and friendly work environment. Besides that, we also offer:
• Standard working week of 36 hours (option of working four 9-hour days per week).
• Excellent remuneration package, consisting of a very competitive salary and flexible conditions.
• Possibilities of fast professional and personal advancement.
NN Group, the future name for the insurance and investment-management businesses of ING Group, is an insurance and investment management company with a strong presence in 18 countries, predominantly in Europe and in Japan. With more than 12,000 employees we offer retirement services, insurance, investments and banking. Our regional Investment Management offices outside Europe are situated in New York, Atlanta, Singapore and Dubai.
ING is currently recruiting to fill key positions during this period of restructuring. Candidates applying for these positions will be expected to perform well under pressure and in a context of continuous transition and change. Working in this turbulent environment creates unique opportunities for people who don’t scare away from taking initiative and ownership and who go for team results and big impact. What we offer is a can-do culture that encourages initiative, integrity and empathy for what matters most to our customers, steered by are company values: we care, we are clear and we commit.
Are you interested in this position? Please apply directly online via the link below.
Agency calls not appreciated
Keywords: Systems engineer, Administrator, Linux specialist.